How in the world is it already the end of August?! I guess my New Years resolution to write at minimum one blog post to my site each month was not a success. Instead of looking back and going “What the heck Jess?!”, I am just going to start fresh and move forward. A lot has taken place in the first half of this year already, and things are not about to start slowing down.
A quick recap of January to the end of August:
* I was promoted to Supervisor of my Project Management Office at my work at the end of 2017. I am still feeling out my groove with that role. I am now managing 3 other project managers on top of working my assigned projects. I am also working on further developing our PMO, which includes performing performance reviews of my employees, developing training topics, and refreshing all of our templates. It is quite an undertaking.
* I have been working off and on on a new sweater pattern that I hope to finishing the sample knitting within the next month. I say month, because I work full time and I also take care of my family. I also have been working on gift knitting as well which takes time. I’m ready to bind off the bottom of the sweater and then I just need to work on the sleeves.
* Gift knitting, I have been working on holiday and baby gift knitting. I’ve knitted so many baby blankets I have the pattern memorized now! While I love knitting for little babies, I could use a break in the baby blanket knitting.
* I’ve invested in some Craftsy online classes for pattern design and writing. I also purchased a class for sizing (grading) my clothing patterns into the various sizes smaller and larger than my sample that I knit for myself. Once I make it through all of these classes I hope to write a review post of each one. I was very excited to find these classes to help expand my knitting skills.
* We took a family vacation to Colorado this summer and it was wonderfully relaxing. We had several days of relaxing at the cabin, adventuring in the mountains in the Jeep, and of course visiting yarn shops. Expect to see some new “Places You can Knit” pictures coming soon.
* I discovered Erin Condren Life Planners. I have long time been a planner girl, and always a paper planner. For the longest time I used various sizes of Filofax planners. Well, this year I discovered Erin Condren. I decided to give it a try, I was able to take advantage of a first time customer $10.00 discount. You guys, I am loving this planner! I’ll will make a separate post about the planner. (If you want to try an Erin Condren planner and are a first time customer you can use my referral link to get $10.00 off your first purchase on erincondren.com : https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/jessicaroberts1010/1
Now to present day, my daughter is starting first grade this year! I cannot hardly believe it! This mama is having a hard time with how fast my baby is growing up. We have all the school supplies purchased and labeled. We have organized her room (expect the closet still needs to be addressed) and set up a desk and computer for homework. We have meet the teacher this Thursday and then first day of school on Tuesday after Labor Day. Stay tuned for first day of school pictures.
Okay, so I am planning on making some minor changes to my website by adding some non-knitting content. I want to add reviews of products that I love (both knitting and non-knitting) and also include planning and organization type posts. Keep an eye out for those coming soon. I want to do better with my website by posting more regularly and expanding the topics that I talk about. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on topics you would like to see show up on my site please don’t hesitate to send me a note!
Until next time…..Happy Knitting!